Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 18..our day at he Hermitage Mount Cook

We awoke, disappointed to see it was overcast and still drizzling. We had told the staff we wouldlet them know if we were staying for a second night. I rang up to see the possibility of staying in one of the swanky suites up at the main building, where we were going for breakfast anyway..an extra $100..including another continentalbreakfast..butit was on like to 11th floor with the best available view. YES we took it.We packed up and headed up for our breaky and a day of fun....
The breakfast was amazing. Cereal,yoghurt, croisants, cheese, ham, fruit, toast, pastries and heapsmore..o my gosh..yum yumyum..
http://www.hermitage.co.nz/  check outthe site..it does have our room flash upon iy. Beautiful


This was my suggestion of a great Mt Cook shot
We went to the Sir Edmond Hillary museum, the planetarium..drank..and more and laste in the afternoon..yhe clouds cleared and we got some great shots of Mount Cook



 

 
Our room was 2nd floor from the top




 
A wonderful shot by my husband




getting dark..but what great colour

We went to dinner..a quickoutside trip tolook at the stars..and then back to the room and watched our view..a great day//
The only downside of the day was when I lost my heart locket from my bracelet..thank God I didn'tloose my bracelet..

No comments: